Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Wedding Is All About Marriage

A marriage of ideas, opinions and color schemes.  I suppose changing your mind a million times is the pitfall of a 15 month engagement...

I had been thinking a lot about our brown/green/yellow scheme and the style of my blush/champagne dress.  Through whatever process of deduction, I decided that yellow just had no place.  Don't get me wrong, I love those colors but my idea of my dress is slowly becoming more elegant than informal and I'm feeling the need for something a little more sophisticated.  The other day my mom joked that I should add some blue for the "bluebird of happiness."  It's not a bad idea.  Brown/green/blue go nicely together.

Then C comes up with the idea that we should go to the hardware store and get designer palette paint schemes to see what colors the pros put together.  Smart thinking.  So we do, and we found something that jumped out at us.  Granted, there were eight colors in the scheme but we settled with four.

True Black (C would like black over brown)/Peacock Blue/Plum/Olive Green

The palette is actually quiet rich and vibrant, very bold and saturated.  It's a fun yet sophisticated scheme.  We could pull it off in either a garden or a posh wine bar.  And it's unique in that I've never seen it pulled off without the use of peacock feathers (we will not be using peacock feathers).

The colors also work well with my dress color and style.  I'm inspired (after seeing pictures in one of my mom's magazines) to make a contrasting petticoat, most likely in the same color as my bridesmaids dresses.

We'll see how long this one lasts.... ;)

EDIT: I removed the image of our palette because the colors were just mutilated and weren't even close to being accurately represented.  Use your imaginations.

No comments:

Post a Comment