Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Dress

I knew from day one that it would be a cold day in hell before I spent $1,000-$1,200 on a dress that I would only ever wear once.  (BTW, that's what's considered an affordable gown.)  I heavily considered buying a pre-owned dress or even going informal and just finding something pretty.  However, for some reason I love giving myself things to do.

Over the years I've become a fairly decent seamstress.  Several "special occasion" gowns, self-designed Halloween costumes and some fun, funky outfits have, through trial and error, taught me a thing or two about crafting an ensemble.

So, I'm designing and sewing my own wedding dress.  It took a lot of time deciding on a style I liked.  C hates anything that looks "corsety" so I had to be careful in designing the bodice.  I think I've come up with something good though.  Either way, it's guaranteed to be absolutely original and one-of-a-kind!

After a few trips to Jo-Ann Fabrics I've acquired all the necessary materials for $100.  Yep, that's right.  $100.  Love coupons.  Love sales.  Love Jo-Ann.

No comments:

Post a Comment