Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Presents For The People

I've always hated wedding favors.  Not that it isn't a nice gesture, but I've always thought that a fancy dinner and open bar is thank-you enough.  I can't bare the thought of spending hundreds of dollars on favors that most guests will probably throw away at night's end.  Candies are cool but boooooring!  Not to mention you're already feeding them cake!  However, everyone I've talked to seems appalled that I want to do away with favors ("But they're a tradition!  People will think you're cheap!").  So I've come up with a few things that I wouldn't mind dropping a penny on, and I think that guests may actually keep them.

1) Custom-printed pint glasses.  It's fun, it's different, and surprisingly, it's cheap.  Plus, people can use them at the reception.

2) I found this idea in a Real Simple Weddings book that my mom bought me: custom button pins.  Who doesn't love "pieces of flair"?

3) Not so much a favor, but I've seen these really cool wedding-themed cootie catchers that people will put on the tables for guests to play with.  Etsy.com sells them for around $1 a piece.... I can totally make them.

1 comment: