Monday, April 5, 2010

Fascinated By Fascinators!

For financial reasons, I will be doing my own hair and makeup for the wedding.  I'm obviously allowing my girls that same option.  So I've been trying to think of an easy way to glam up an otherwise modest 'do.  My wedding dress has a subtle retro flair (think '30s or '40s) with its sweetheart neckline and dropped waist so I figured, why not continue on that "oldschool" trend?  I thought of fascinators immediately.  Fascinators are feathered, flowered and jeweled hair clips that women began to wear in leu of hats in the 18th century.  As all things trendy are cyclical, they're once again vogue.  I've read them described as "part 20s flapper, part glam" and it's a fitting description.





The possibilities are endless.  Since each of my bridesmaids will be "featuring" a different color, I'd like to make them (or give them the creative freedom to design their own) coordinating hairpieces.  I think I'll keep mine ivory.  I found a great DIY tutorial at Corvus tristis.

No comments:

Post a Comment