Thursday, April 15, 2010

Concept Complete!

After much deliberation and seam-ripping and re-doing, I've finally finished the mock-up for my wedding dress.  Yes it is pink and striped.  It is just a design idea.  However, two key design aspects it does not yet reflect are the fullness of the skirt (I haven't finished the petticoat yet) and the pleated overlay on the bodice.  The real dress will also have a mini-train and pearl beading detail down the center pleat on the skirt.  It's rough, I know.  The seams were quick and sloppy, the edges are unfinished; I didn't even iron it.  Tim Gunn would be appalled.  The real thing though -- it's gonna be a beauty.  I'm sure of it.

FRONT
Strapless, sweetheart neckline, asymmetrical dropped waist


SIDE FRONT
Three pleats down side of "low" hip


BACK
Will feature a mini-train as long as fabric will allow


SIDE BACK
Side zipper, unlike me the dressform has no junk in her trunk

No comments:

Post a Comment