Friday, March 12, 2010

Black Is The New Green

I have a job that sometimes allows my mind to wander for hours on end.  Here is where it wandered yesterday:

One of the reasons I chose to make my own wedding gown is because I couldn't stomach spending tons of money on a dress that, realistically, would never be worn again.  So, why should I ask my bridesmaids to spend a chunk of money on a dress that they might never wear again?  Blue and purple and green dresses would look great, but would they ever pull it out of the closet again?  Probably not.  However, every girl needs at least one (or two, or three...) little black dresses.  Plus, black looks stunning on every body.  So, I think (I haven't talked to my girls yet) I want to do matching black dresses.

I know some "traditionalists" might find black a bit daunting, so of course, we'll spice it up with the bouquets.  I want each girl to carry one color and type of flower (the flowers on the image board are just ideas -- I'll talk to my florist about what's in season), then my bouquet will combine all three.

No comments:

Post a Comment